Hi everyone! How has your weekend been going? Mine has been going really well. Sorry I haven’t stopped by to do my usual daily post the past two days. Sometimes it can be nice to detach from social media, right? It almost feels as if I am on vacation with my family and I am focused on spending quality time with them, disconnected from most electronic devices. Of course I have been home alone without my parents while they have been in Chattanooga visiting my sister, so I’m not on a vacation, but it still feels like a break away from things that might get my mind working on overdrive.
1. Friday morning I woke up and quickly grabbed the things I packed for the day at work and then got changed to go pull the tarp at the ballpark at 8. I never pulled the tarp before so I was nervous I was going to be in the way, but it was super easy and I didn’t fall so I was happy! It felt good to work on a team. It was funny because they all were making bets on who would be the last person to show up or who would show up late. Apparently if that person shows up late they are automatically nominated to go get breakfast for everyone haha. No one was late, but it came close and I got in a few laughs from some of the remarks made. After tarp was pulled I went in to the store to begin working on online orders. I then ate my blackberry overnight oatmeal for breakfast. It was creamy and delicious!
2. For lunch on Friday I had my quinoa mixture (green beans, pepper, onion, hard boiled egg, italian dressing) with an apple. Pretty good for a quick concoction.
3. Kind bar on my way home for my snack. You can kind of see the ballpark in the background!
4. When I got home around 6:20 I decided to go on a little run. I was going to go to the barn but I was certain that the arena would be too wet to ride in. Renee said it wasn’t but when I heard back from her it was too late. Oh well.
5. I combined my dinner and snack. I had a chicken salad bagel-wich, veggies (green beans, peppers, onions), strawberries, and key lime greek yogurt.
6. Yesterday morning I decided to relax in bed before I got the day started, but I guess I relaxed too much because I ended up having to rush to leave on time to be to work at 9. I had my green smoothie and bagel with cinnamon cream cheese as I drove in.
7. My lunch yesterday at work was a warm delicious sweet potato, green bean, onion, pepperjack cheese and queso flavored laughing cow mixture. Plus greek yogurt and an apple on the side.
8. My kind bar as a snack on my way to the barn after work.
9. I rode Vinnie while Renee rode G. We started off in the arena and then went down the road. We discovered that Vinnie really doesn’t care for barking dogs. There was a great dane that came awfully close to us and Vinnie started to dance around and then he did some spinning and threw in a buck. Then he did the same thing when some dogs on the way back got into a little dispute. I don’t think he trusts having his back to strange dogs. Another thing he did that was kind of a shock was he took off galloping up this one big hill. To be fair, when G started trotting up the hill Vinnie decided he needed to pee. So I think he just didn’t want to be left behind. The surprising part was that I was actually able to stop him and make him trot. We walked down the hill and then trotted calmly back up it, with him leading the way, which was excellent! I had to correct him and let him know that we don’t gallop up the hills unless I ask him to. So there were a few glitches on the trail ride, but that’s alright. I ended the trail ride with him walking at an easy going pace so I considered it a win. After we let Vinnie and G out in the pasture we got Ray and Renee gave me another lesson on him. I am loving him more and more haha!
So last night after the barn I showered and then Evan came over to hang out. I fixed my dinner, but take a picture. I had another chicken salad bagel-wich and then had carrots and baby peppers with guacamole. What a delicious combination!
For my late night snack I had strawberries, greek yogurt and a Kashi bar.
Being home alone has gone a little differently than I expected. I was picturing having all this time to make delicious new creations for my dinners since I mostly worked day hours, but then my evening always became busy and then I ended up not having enough time to do much other than put together a sweet potato mixture or make a bagel sandwich. I think the only meat I have been eating has been the chicken salad haha. Plus my mom took the new recipe books we got with her to Chattanooga so I lost a lot of my inspiration to make new things. I can’t blame her though. I can only blame my laziness haha.
Well, it is time for me to go get ready for work! I am scheduled noon till close so it could be a late night or it could be decent. It all depends on the game! I hope you have a fantastic day!