Summer is Getting Closer!

Today was my first day back to work at the Durham Bulls. Guess what that means? Summer is getting closer! When I think of summer I think of baseball, so going back to work to start getting merchandise tagged and folded was a pleasant reminder that the warmer months are right around the corner. Also, yesterday when I was grooming Vinnie I noticed he was just starting to shed! I can’t wait for his winter coat to be history. 

This morning I woke up and got to work on my breakfast. It took me a while to decide what to have and I ended up going with oatmeal, a chai latte and a veggie scramble. It was all very tasty. Then I got ready to go to work! Image

When I first got to work I had to fill out some rehire paperwork and then I helped fill online orders. Once the online orders were done a coworker and I folded some shirts because we had to wait for tags to be delivered so we could print the tags for all of the hats we needed to sticker. For lunch four of us went to Tyler’s across the street. I think I handled it well. I am not the biggest fan of eating out for lunch because I let Eduardo infiltrate my mind, making the rest of the day harder. I was proud because I recognized my eating disorder thoughts and didn’t act upon them. I am still very nervous about some menu items because I know they are very high in fat or very high in protein and I still want to spread my fat and protein out throughout the day, but I know that can’t always happen. I ended up ordering something that pushed my anxiety level in a comfortable way. I had the pulled pork sandwich with a side salad. It was a very good sandwich! Image

When we got back from lunch the tags were delivered so we got to work on putting them on all of the new fitted hats that were delivered. Of course we didn’t get all of the hats tagged, but we got a good amount done today. We took a short break to learn how to put items on the website and it seems easy enough. We finished up tagging the fitted road hats and then we called it a day shortly after 4. I decided to head to the Y (it’s right across the street from the stadium) and I did a quick workout since I ran yesterday and I want to try and do yoga tomorrow! I ran 2 miles on the treadmill before doing a few ab exercises.Image Then I headed home! When I got home I made a quick snack. I mixed plain greek yogurt with vanilla extract and cinnamon and topped it with banana slices and pretzels.Image I worked on looking for recipes to make my client and making a shopping list. I also made another batch of homemade granola. 

For dinner my mom sauteed peppers and onions and then my dad grilled turkey burgers. My mom also cooked up some sweet potatoes. I decided to top my burger with a dijon mustard for a different flavor.Image We watched Diners Drive Ins and Dives and relaxed. I feel like I could fall asleep right now (maybe it’s because both my parents fell asleep already?) but I will probably be up for a while. Tomorrow is likely to be another busy day!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s