Good morning, everyone! How was your Friday? Mine was amazing.
For breakfast I made myself some delicious pancakes! Do you ever want pancakes, but you don’t want to make a huge batch where most of them go uneaten? Problem solved! I found a recipe for pancakes for one, but I tweaked it
a little a lot. They turned out to be very flavorful! They were a little more dense than your regular pancake, but that was just fine by me! I topped mine with some frozen berries that I heated in the microwave and then stirred to create a “sauce.” I also doubled the recipe I loosely followed so that it would be a substantial amount to cover the majority of my carb intake for the morning. I will be making these again!
Here is the recipe I loosely followed:
- 3 TBSP oat flour
- 1 TBSP flour (coconut, whole wheat, a.p., oat)
- 1 TBSP oat bran/wheat bran/more flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 egg whites
- 3 TBSP mashed banana/applesauce/pumpkin/yogurt
- 1 TBSP milk
- optional add ins: blueberries, cinnamon, vanilla extract, orange zest, chocolate chips
Here is MY recipe:
- 5/8 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs (whole)
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- one container 2% Fage Greek yogurt
- splash of almond milk
I will be back later to fill you in on the rest of my Friday!