Lomi Lomi

Today Madelyne and I went for our massages. We each had the Hawaiian Lomi Lomi massage and it was incredible. We went to The Retreat for our appointments at noon. It was the most relaxing experience. The tropical smell of the massage oil and the soft music and methodical strokes had me in a trance. It had me so relaxed all I have wanted to do ever since is sleep! My masseuse told me I would sleep well tonight, and I sure hope that it true because I haven’t been sleeping well at all lately! If I sleep like a rock tonight I am going to have to get massages regularly. That was my first one ever and after that I just can’t wait till I get another one!

Last night for dinner I had salad and a french bread cheese and veggie pizza.Image For my snack I had a Chobani flip, crackers and trail mix for my bedtime snack.Image That flavor was better than I was expecting, so it was a yummy surprise.

This morning I woke up and decided to try out an app I have on my iPad. It is called Daily Yoga (I got it from another app, Apps Gone Free) and I chose a 15 minute video for beginner yoga sequences. It was super easy and didn’t really feel like anything at all, especially because it was 15 minutes and half of it was just sitting there breathing. After that I made my breakfast. I fixed an egg, veggie and cheese sandwich, a pumpkin tea latte and dried blueberries <– SO GOOD!Image Then I wrote Madelyne a little note saying I was at the barn and would be back soon (she was still asleep).

When I got to the barn Renee was just heading back to her house to get ready for work and she said Vinnie was still eating. I guess I was out there earlier than I usually am. Since I had to wait for Vinnie to finish his food, I figured I wouldn’t have enough time to wait for his feed to digest before I worked him so I just groomed him, clipped him, and then took him up to the arena to do just a few minutes of ground work. 5 minutes of work is better than 0. I took before and after pictures of Vinnie’s bridle path and whiskers. My clippers are dull, cheap ones for people that I got at Walmart, so I’m not sure how much better he actually looks haha. ImageImageImageImage This is a brave cat, isn’t it?Image

I came home and quickly scarfed down a bagel with vanilla almond butter before I jumped in the shower and got ready to head into Durham for my massage!Image After our massages were over, Maddie and I went to Whole Foods to grab lunch. While I was there I ran into a girl I went to high school with. She plays softball in college, but doesn’t really love it anymore. She is just playing because it is paying for her education. I talked to her for a few minutes and told her about what I have been doing this past year. She said that she completely understood what it was like. She went through a phase when thoughts about food and being thin completely consumed her. She never let it get bad though, but she said she could see how difficult it was. It was nice to talk to her for a few minutes. I went back to selecting my lunch items and went with a repeat of my last lunch from Whole Foods. I got a sandwich, fruits and veggies, yogurt and a WhatsoNutso bar.Image We went to my mom’s school and ate our lunch and then we went to New Hope Commons to go to Barnes and Noble. I saw a few books that looked good, but nothing that was screaming my name so I decided to save my gift card from Baba. We were going to go to Michaels as well, but we decided just to come home because we were both so sleepy!

Once we got home I folded laundry and unloaded the dishwasher before grabbing my laptop to do some puzzles. Maddie crashed right on the couch but said she never really fell asleep. I went to the couch with my snack of baked Cheetos and trail mix.Image When my mom got home our energy picked up enough to do some knitting until dinner time. We had pasta mixed with a little pesto and asparagus, roasted yellow squash and zucchini and rotisserie chicken. It was pretty flavorful.Image

Now we are all just relaxing and doing our own thing 🙂

Tomorrow is going to be a day kind of full of unknowns. The Reuse Warehouse is delivering our wood and table, but I have no idea at what time. My dad is in a CE class all day so I need to make sure I am home when they drop everything off. I am hoping it is early in the morning so I can make it out to the barn and then get Jennifer at the airport in the afternoon! I am so excited to have her and Madelyne here at the same time! I was also invited to Josh’s birthday dinner tomorrow night and to really really push myself socially I accepted. I feel a little bad going out with friends the first night my sister will be home, but my parents told me I could go (and probably should). It is going to be a larger group that I am used to, and I have no idea where Justin has made the reservations. So it is going to be a challenging dinner for me, but one I will be able to do! I also have to run my 1.5 miles tomorrow! So much to do! I just wish I knew what time the delivery will be coming so I could plan out what my day will look like… Oh well. This is something I can’t control so I just need to accept it so I can enjoy the day. Wish me luck!


One thought on “Lomi Lomi

  1. Hey congrats about opening up about your experience with someone you know only casually! Thats a really big step and I want you to note that! Enjoy the party Madelyne and your sister have plenty to catch up on.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s